Emotionally Intelligent Parenting – A six session programme for parents/caregivers of children ages 4-12 years. For details see below.
An evidence based programme to teach parents and caregivers:
- awareness and regulation of their own emotions
- awareness of the children’s emotions
- to use emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- skills in assisting children to verbally label and manage their emotions
- skills in assisting children to problem solve
- to guide children’s behaviour with appropriate limits